7 things in your home that are dangerous to your health

Spread the love

Unhealthy things in your home

you can’t avoid every danger. But knowing all of the potentially threatening and unhealthy things in your home can help keep you safer in the long run. So read on to learn about 7 hazards lurking and unhealthy things in every home.

What are the 7 dangerous and unhealthy things in your home that can pose a serious healthy risk


Magnets present a serious danger to you (and especially your kids’) health. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, if ingested, magnets can cause intestinal perforations, obstructions, and bleeding, all of which can lead to your untimely demise. That’s partly because multiple magnets can stick together and trap and compress portions of the bowel wall.


The National Fire Protection Association reports that from 2012 to 2016, there were an average of 23 candle-related fires breaking out every single day. Keep your home safe by making sure candles are completely snuffed, matches are properly disposed of, and that you never leave a candle burning in a room you’re not in or when you’re sleeping.


Bleach can cause chemical burns, and, if accidentally ingested, can cause serious internal bleeding and even death. Just cleaning with bleach can present some real dangers, too. According to the CDC, bleach is a major cause of inhalation injuries and is known to damage the lungs and cause long-term health issues.


Bleach-based toilet cleaners can cause chemical burns and can even be fatal for family pets whose beverage of choice comes from the commode. Some toilet cleaners are also brightly-colored or resemble something edible, making them a hazard for children with curious palates.


Curling up under an electric blanket may seem romantic, but it’s also a risky way to keep warm. Scrunching up that blanket while you sleep can fray its wires, putting you at risk for a fire. Not only that, but electric blankets can also cause heat-related injuries, particularly in pregnant women, children, and the elderly.


Using the wrong light bulb in your lamp can put you at risk for a fire. Scarier yet, many CFL light bulbs contain small amounts of mercury, which can be harmful for humans and pets alike should they shatter. If you break a bulb, turn off your ventilation system, have everyone leave the room, open a window, and both wet and dry clean any areas that may have been affected by the shattered bulb.


Though a wood stove can make your space feel like a charming rustic cabin, it may not be worth it in the long run. Improperly vented stoves can put you at risk for a house fire or carbon monoxide poisoning, and the American Lung Association lists exposure to wood smoke as a potential risk factor for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

Thank you for reading πŸ™‚

Author Profile

Health & fitnessprofessional Asia American health blogger.
Health&fitness community group for all health care services and nutritional tips support
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Health & fitness
Health&fitness community group for all health care services and nutritional tips support

Please Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
10 months ago


This is a very informative post. I have to be extraordinarily careful when I clean my toilets. Thanks for sharing

10 months ago

Hello pretty I just nominated you for the sunshine blogger award on my blog. If you are interested you can participate. No obligation

10 months ago


10 months ago

Thank you so much. Kindly Head over to my blog to read the rules 😘❀